somethings from codeland

Saturday, June 30, 2007

a little happier with vista

I have been unable to get all of my data off of the vista install on this laptop I work on, so I've tried to make do temporarily..

I turned off the windows search service in the services manager and I noticed an almost immediate increase in performance. I have a newer dell (a latitude d620) and I'm liking where I'm sitting now.. Might have to get the dvd burner to work, and then we'll be sitting very nice..

The next step is to get eclipse working correctly. I downloaded the callisto distro and loaded up jseclipse. I might just need to figure out how to work with eclipse more, but I am unable to get syntax completion working correctly. (the ctrl + space drop down listings...)

Yes, once this is all done, then I might be a happy man on Vista.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive