somethings from codeland

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Connection test services

I have a client that I need to monitor to make sure they stay online. I will probably need to make a two part application for this:
  • A server that will send out something of a heart-beat signal and wait a specified interval to make sure it gets a reply back.
  • A client that will answer the heart-beat at a specified interval.
If the heartbeat isn't answered, then I think there should be an event that occurs.
  • The site downage is recorded to a database
  • an email should be sent to parties responsible for the sites up time.
    • An email should be sent to aboveSHIFT

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive