somethings from codeland

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Installing XP on a Vista Toshiba laptop

I had to slipstream the sata controller driver into an nLite XP build for a Toshiba satellite a205-s4777. I've never done this before but the driver seems to have been picked up just fine. Hopefully the laptop will boot up so I can make this guy happy. It was soo difficult trying to get anything to work at all on this machine I'm really not surprised he had me take it to throw xp on it.. Everything from the mouse to any removeable media (including usb drives) needed a driver. Stuff like this is such a pain in the butt to get working...

All the drivers listed on the Toshiba support site for this laptop were Vista drivers, so I'm hoping (pinkies crossed) that all the drivers are either backward compatible (not likely) or there are XP versions of them available. I'm preemptively doing some research while I'm waiting for this to load so I'm not completely heartbroken here in about 20 minutes....

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive