somethings from codeland

Monday, February 02, 2009

Unlimited Terminal Services with Easier licensing schema?!

It's been a while since I've watched Hak5 (episode 423), but I figured I would throw it on in the background while finishing some stuff last night. It turned out to be some pretty insightful background noise to work to.

I've had to deal with the headache that surrounds Windows Terminal Services for quite some time; enter XP Unlimited (link). Terminal Services has always been a pain in the butt to both administrate the licensing associated with all the scaling of new users as well as the technical end (well maybe the tech end isn't so bad if you know what your doing).

Well XP Unlimited allows complete unlimited Terminal Services access without requiring a Windows Server 2003 OS installed on a bulky server. (although depending on what you plan on doing over the TS desktop this might still be recommended) So you no longer have to worry about licensing complications, it will run on a cheaper OS (with unlimited and unrestricted access), and also has its own management interface that wraps everything up nicely.

http://www.xpunlimited.com/index.html

link to their white paper

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive