somethings from codeland

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

SQUID Proxy Server

A project for the Pike house.

Goals:

  • Transparent Proxy (no configuration required on browser)

  • A password for access (one generic password)

  • Keyword filter lists (block out all the crap out there)


The network topology should prove interesting as well. I am going to spread wireless throughout the house. I will have to play with the setup, but it should work something like this: I will have the line running into the house, which will then run into a WRT54G. That one unit will run all http traffic (port 80) to the squid proxy server box. Then the box will be setup to intercept all http traffic, filter it, and cache results and forward pages to client browser. Not sure how to make http traffic go through squid without setting the box as a gateway.


Links

Transparent Proxy
Squid config info
Squid Home,
www.squid-cache.org

Squid
Documentation Project, squid-docs.sourceforge.net

Squid Browser Conf Info
For Proxy
Authentication,
home.iae.nl/users/devet/squid/proxy_auth

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive