somethings from codeland

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Build your own server: Xubuntu

This article explains the ins and outs of setting up a general purpose server based from Xubuntu. This version of the debian-based Ubuntu, is built to be light-weight, so it can run on those spare parts that have been building up in that room you've been meaning to clean for how long??

This tutorial is more the gui approach to setting everything up using Syntaptic. I still prefer apt-get in the command line, but what do you do.. And without further ado:

Samba Configuration
Remote access on Xubuntu

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive