somethings from codeland

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ubuntu on the nice box at the house revisted (again)

I have always at least tried it out but had to go back to xp for something. I tried out Vista because of the new media center included in Vista Ultimate, but there always seems to be a catch to get it up and running. (its a story in itself, but I buy one card and I end up needing 2 more)

Anyways, so the ubuntu is ideal because this computer is going to be a media center as well as a workstation in my bedroom.

The last excuse for going back to XP was ntfs reading/writing. This now seems to be a little more stable and only takes a few minutes to set up now..

Setup Ubuntu NTFS

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive