somethings from codeland

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Configuring MySQL remote access

Create the database and then allow a user remote access

mysql> CREATE DATABASE foo;
mysql> GRANT ALL ON foo.* TO bar@'202.54.10.20' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD';

courtesy of cyberciti

you can use wildcards in the address if you have an ip that is going to change on your accessing clients

so that second line would look a little more like this if you wanted all your machines at home to be able to connect to the mysql server you're configuring
mysql> GRANT ALL ON foo.* TO bar@'192.168.0.%' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD';

courtesy of yrhostsupport

where % is the wildcard that mysql requires in the address

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive