somethings from codeland

Sunday, August 05, 2007

c# web services

I want to use more fully fleshed out javascript frameworks with my already asp ajax enabled c# web app. My first project will consist of populating a treeview dynamically using the yahoo yui js framework and a custom c# web service.

There are two or more asynchronous web services that I will need to build. One will be responsible for building the tree and sending it back in xml or json so that I can build the tree again on the clients browser. The other method(s) will be responsible for altering the tree. I will need to move nodes to different parent nodes, delete selected nodes, or insert nodes under a specific node.

I can break it down into just a couple of functions: remove, insert, and move (which would just call the two previously declared functions in order after caching a node to be "moved" before deleted)

I'm going to start with the c# web services end using asp.net's new ajax implementation. Not sure how difficult it will be, but it seems to have a big enough following.

c# web services overview
Exposing web services to client script - the methods that I would call from javascript to modify the tree's nodes.



Update:
I found a couple of fairly decent articles on codeguru.

Web services using .Net and Javascript




Update: I've found an excellent tutorial on asp.net web services for beginners..
codesource.net

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive