somethings from codeland

Thursday, December 25, 2008

started studing genetic algorithms

I changed my major over to Biology from Computer Science just a while ago. So next semester I'll start with introductory biology and chemistry. I've been researching bioinformatics and synthetic genomics as possible career options.

I've been reading some biology ebooks I downloaded a little while ago and its been really interesting. I haven't lost complete interest in programming though. I'm researching genetic algorithms. So far I started with Genetic Algorithm Tutorial by Darrel Whitley.

I'll be updating this post with my notes later.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive