somethings from codeland

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

GAC: Global Assembly Cache

Using NSIS, I'm writing an installer for a .Net based application along with third party software that the application depends on. We're going to registering some managed .Net .dll's into the GAC (or the Global Assembly Cache).

Since I've never done this before I did a little bit of research. Suffice it to say Wikipedia was a more helpful resource than Microsoft's Knowledge base in getting started.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Assembly_Cache

Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive