somethings from codeland

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm a New Scientist subscriber

I started doing a little digging into what I might like to do in the future with the degree in biology and found a lot of references to the New Scientist magazine website. The only problem was that a lot of their web content was for registered subscribers of their weekly magazine. It turned out to be $40 for a year of digital access to their content. This works out great for me cause I hate having to keep up with physical magazines on a bookshelf (and they just end up accumulating, otherwise I end up feeling like I'm throwing away money). Not sure why I think like that, but there it is...

So the deal is for a year I can go through and read as much of whatever they have in archive and whatever current content is in printed circulation through the site. Total win win for me... (I mean when's the last time anyone saw me without my backpack with my laptop in it!)

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive