somethings from codeland

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mac Convert update

I wouldn't consider myself an Apple Pro quite yet, but I will say that I took the laptop down to the city to work at Appian in office and everything worked out just nicely. Its still a great machine and I love the way everything feels about it.

Something I've noticed: I think my fingers got a little too used to the smaller keyboard on the older laptop and I can feel my fingers stretching outside the normal typing zone to hit keys. (This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just need to figure out what the best way to go about typing in all the key combos for all the menu shortcuts and I'm sure that it will go unnoticed in the near future...) Also the home and end keys are a little different... On my macbook pro the home and end key functionality (at least what I expect when on a windows machine) can be attained by command + (left) or (right) arrow keys... Again, little different, but definitely something I could get used to.

I went in the office today and got a stack of software that I will be working on for the rest of the year... At least I know what I'm going to be doing. ...I guess. It was refreshing getting a taste of the quasi professional environment. I really did enjoy the break from the college scene to get some real work done and feel a little appreciated. I've kind of learned that people have their own ways of showing appreciation. (I think one of my bosses shows it by stacking more work on top of me...)

After work today, we headed out over to the Cross Eyed Moose and had a few pitchers 'o beers. (Been a little bit since I've had some wheat beer) Tonight was an awesome combination of world series baseball (wasn't up for anyone to win in particular), hot tub, beer, and cigars with some of the guys from the office. Gotta wake up for class in the AM and I'm spent...

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive