somethings from codeland

Friday, October 24, 2008

Mac convinced me to buy things I never would have before

I do think its a little odd that iTunes would not have built in functionality to remove duplicates. (I'm guessing its an effort out against music piracy) Either way its always been a pain in the butt to manage all of my music collection amongst the multiple machines that I've laid it out across. Now that I'm working primarily off of my macbook, I imagine it will be a little easier to do, but there's still the big import process of transferring all of that music from my other machines to this laptop... So I bit the bullet and bought some software that will sort out all of my duplicates and make it easier to manage all of my music file duplicates. It was 15 bucks which might be a little steep for some, but it just saved me about 30 minutes in just transferring all of my music off of my old laptop alone...

Normally I would have been interested in this as a side project (and I still might in the future). I just don't have the time to take on any more code projects at the current moment. Something about working for all the benefits a computer has to offer is starting to get to me, to say the least. These things are supposed to make life easy right?

I'm probably going to be upgrading both the hard drive and the memory in this new little toy of mine soon enough. Its a nice machine, don't get me wrong... I just have a ton of media that I like to listen to on demand. I found a 500GB laptop hard drive on Newegg for around $150 so I hope switching that out isn't going to be that big a deal... (never has been on any of my windows machines) That along with the fact that I will costantly have vmware fusion running my Visual Studio for .Net development means that I'll be using all of that maxed out 4gb of ram I'll be throwing in here.

That's the latest mac update... I think the more time I spend on this thing, the more I love it.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive