somethings from codeland

Friday, October 24, 2008

Things I'm learning this weekend...

I've got plenty of NSIS and C# to go over this weekend, but its been a while since I've had some time to take up something new in programming land. I've been wanting to get into Python for some time, since there's such a huge following from Google (with their app engine), django python web framework, and a general sense of adoption by the science community.

Anyways so I've been reading through some beginner tutorials and running through some code with textmate. (Textmate makes things really nice by the way)

http://wiki.python.org/moin/SimplePrograms - a list of simple applications to code in order to get a feel for the language. I went through and coded them all out by hand (I've learned that I pick things up easier with a hands on approach)

I'm sure I'll have more to rave about Python at a later date. It's pretty much the big deal in CS right now...

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive