somethings from codeland

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Monitor Servers

I don't do this often enough to go "all-out". But this does seem interesting. You can monitor any server's variables via snmp through proper configuration with Nagios or Zabbix. They might take some time to configure (the catch 22). These both are very good server monitoring productions.

ZABBIX

(they both have excellent reporting capability)

They both utilize web serving capabilities to shoot out dynamic pages. I do believe that all programs will at least have some form of an interface in this fashion. The internet is due for an addition of another dimension... Flash is a good intro to what I am talking about... (something a little more capable of taking some popularity off of the television)

Nagios
Zabbix

No comments:

Twitter Updates

About Me

My photo
I have been working with computers/programming to put myself through college since I graduated high school. I am currently attending Oklahoma State University for bachelors degree in biological sciences. Along with my experience in programming, a degree in biology will allow me to pursue a career in bioinformatics research concerning genetic diseases (i.e. cancer).

Blog Archive